|"Picking" Button implemented
In the right upper corner, beside the Trace Button, there is
now a "Picking" Button implemented.
If this Button is activated, one can click directly on the
stage on a model, and the 3DPI will select it and display it´s
The Picking Button offers 2 functions, which can be switched by
a PopUp that opens when clicking on the Button and keeping the
- "Pick Model" - the clicked model will always
be selected. Regardless which TAB is currently selected, the
3DPI will navigate to the Model-Tab and select the model, that
was clicked on.
- "Pick TAB specific object" - depending which
TAB in the 3DPI is currently selected, it will try to select
the specific item:
- Sprite-Tab: the sprite, that was clicked on, will
- Member-Tab: the member of the sprite, that was clicked
on, will be selected.
- Model-Tab: the model, that was clicked on, will be
- ModelResource-Tab: the modelResource of the model,
that was clicked on, will be selected.
- Shader-Tab: the shader, which belongs to the models
mesh ID, which was clicked on, will be selected.
- Texture-Tab: from the shader, which belongs to the
models mesh ID, which was clicked on, the texture of the first
layer will be selected, if one exists.
- Camera-Tab: the camera, in whichs rect the click
happens, will be selected.
At all other TABs there currently happens nothing, as long
as "Pick TAB specific object" is selected.
The Picking function will fail, if your movie has a "repeat
while the mouseDown" loop built inside.
|Improvement at Picking-Tab
The upper part of the Picking-Tab is redesigned. When moving
the mouse on the stage above a shockwave3d sprite (or above a
text sprite with displaymode 3d), it now offers the following
- Sprite: the sprite number.
- Member: the member of the sprite and it´s name.
- Camera: the sprite camera. If the sprite has more cameras
(cameraCount() > 1) it calculates the correct (top most)
camera, whichs rect fits with the mouse position.
- Model: the top most model under mouse.
- ModelResource: the resource of the model.
- Shader: the shader, which belongs to the models mesh
ID, where the mouse is placed.
- Texture: the texture of the first layer of the shader,
if one exists.
Pressing the option key (=alt key) stops scanning the picking
informations. If the scanning is stopped and the 3DPI still displays
the last picking informations, one can
- click on the Icon on the left to select the specific object.
Clicking on such an Icon works like a Hyperlink, so the 3DPI
will navigate to the selected object and display it´s
- take advantage of the 3DPI´s Tracing function by either
clicking on the Trace-Button, or on the name of a property.
The calculation for displaying all "picking" informations
within the Picking-Tab does now also work correctly, if more than
one sprite camera exists.
|New feature: Model Hilite
|The 3DPI now offers the possibility to temporary hilite
a model for better identification. There are 2 ways to hilite a
- Within the Parent-Child Hierachy in the Member-Tab. On the
right side of all listed models there is now a Hilite-Icon.
While clicking on it (keep the mouseButton pressed) the clicked
model will hilite.
- Within the Model-Tab: press the option key (= alt key) and
click on a model in the upper list. On PC this is also possible
by clicking on a model with the right mouse button.
Clicking with the left mouse button and without option key will
select the model as normal, and will not hilite it.
The color for hiliting can be changed within the Preferences
|Implementation of Preferences
Clicking on the 3DPI-Button in the left upper corner now leads
to the new 3DPI Preferences. Currently there are only 2 details,
that can be changed:
- the hilite color for model hilite.
- the limit for the number of displayed nodes within the Parent-Child
Hierachy in the Member-Tab. Please note that high numbers might
slow down the performance.
|Small improvement at Parent-Child Hierachy
On PC the right mouse button works now in the same way like when
pressing the option key:
- when changing the hierachy by dragging an icon of a node above
another node: Instead of #preserveParent the node will be added
- clicking a triangle fully expands/collapses that subsection.
|Bugfix at Havok´s initialize
Within the dialog for initializing a Havok member it is now necesary
to specify the type of member:
- imported .hke file
- new created Havok cast member
If the wrong type is choosen, nothing happens when clicking on
the "OK" button. The dialog will remain open until the
correct specification is made, or the "Cancel" button
Read more about this issue in the chapter Known